VrayEdgeTex Alpha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayEdgeTex Alpha

I have a project coming up that requires a wireframe aesthetic - I will add distortion effects in After Effects to give a 'hand drawn' effect. There will be no lighting or GI in this scene, just wireframes of simple shapes, most of the work is done in post.

There is one effect - roughen edges - in AE that only works on the edges of an alpha channel, so I was wondering if there's a way to get a wireframe effect in to the alpha channel.

Shapes in the scene need to occlude their backfaces, so kind of like a 'hidden edge' wireframe.

I though this could be done with a VrayBlendMaterial with a VrayMtl and a VrayMaterialWrapper plugged in and EdgesTex in the blend slot via a mix map, but it doesn't work - blank alpha, even though that edges-tex works in a diffuse slot.

I can just use the edges tex in a diffuse slot if needs be, but it'll mean not being able to use this alpha effect in AE which I think will really help with the 'hand drawn' effect.

Click image for larger version

Name:	temp.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	1097970

Nevermind! I forgot that I can specify whichever channel I like as alpha in the EXR plugin for AE, so can just specify one of the DiffuseFilter Channels or an extraTex channel with the edgesTex

Comment

Working...
    X