Backwards compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backwards compatibility

There are two artists working here on Vray - I just installed 1.47.03 on my machine and half the farm. The other artist is working on a scene created in 1.09r - because it will take a little time to the get the license re-registration and he is on a deadline for today I do not want to risk updating the whole farm to 1.47.03. Does anybody know if you send a project created in 1.09r to a render machine using 1.47.03 are there any compatibility issues ?

Ideally we would update the farm to the latest Vray(so I can use it to) and update his machine tonight. Something else I noticed is only machines that have 1.47.03 installed show up in the backburner from my machine even when I am trying to render a scene using scanline - is this normal ?

Yes, there will be a lot of compatibility issues. Best to wait untill he's done with the project, or untill you get the chance to take the time to properly migrate from 1.09 to 1.4X

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the speedy reply - I had a gut feeling that it was a bad idea

Comment

Re: Backwards compatibility

Originally posted by Adam H. Stewart
        Something else I noticed is only machines that have 1.47.03 installed show up in the backburner from my machine even when I am trying to render a scene using scanline - is this normal ?
        Backburner filters based on whether the machines have the same version of 3DSMax or Combustion installed, but not by rendering engines. Just because Vray is installed on a machine doesn't mean that you can't still use that machine for scanline or other rendering engines you might have installed.

Comment

Strange

Thats strange I cannot assign projects to the servers I have the latest version of vray on . It must be the Viz extension - I was rendering on across these machines no probelm but have just updated the viz extension. I have just encountered another very odd problem. DR has just stopped working for one of my scenes for no reason. I was using it perfectly - it is working with other scenes but for some reason it has stopped working with this one scene.
          I have tried reseting the setting preferences in Vray - I have tried restarting the slaves, I have even tried importing the objects into a blank scene - for some reason it doesn't want to DR anymore.
          How annoying.

Comment

Re: Strange

Originally posted by Adam H. Stewart
            Thats strange I cannot assign projects to the servers I have the latest version of vray on . It must be the Viz extension
            It is the Viz extension, even though installing it doesn't change your startup screen or indicate otherwise, it flags the machine as being different version of max (than 7.1) to backburner. Having different machines running different versions of Vray should have no impact whatsoever on whether or not they can render scanline.

Comment

Working...
            X