The next major VRay release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The next major VRay release

Couldn't find a concrete thread about this despite a forum search ...

VRay 1.5: final release schedule / planning

It's been such a long time since the first beta versions of 1.5 appeared at the horizon. Has the final release finally come really close now or is it still many beta versions and many weeks or maybe even many more months away from us? And wouldn't it be better to call it VRay version 2 in the mean time, with all the functionality that has been added through time? VRay release 2 sounds more robust and worth the long wait to me.

I'd love to review the final release version for my website http://www.metinseven.com. Since my review of VRay version 1.09 from December 2002 that has remained the last official version. Time for a major change I would say.

All the best,

Metin
    Sevensheaven.nl — design | illustration | visualization | cartoons | animation

In terms of core features, the current build (1.47.03) is pretty much representative of what the final 1.5 is going to look like.

What remains to be done, is implementing the final 1.5 protection system into VRay and polishing up any additional plugins that we may add.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

That's great news, thanks for your reply Vlado.

As I mentioned: I'll love to review the new VRay and guess the best timing will be to publish the review along with the official release announcement. So if you can inform me of the final release date in time I'll write a thorough review of the new version.

Thanks and cheers,

Metin
      Sevensheaven.nl — design | illustration | visualization | cartoons | animation

Comment

Working...
      X