Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

possible to get a copy of the dirtmap / ao shader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possible to get a copy of the dirtmap / ao shader?

Hi Folks,

Just wondering if it's possible to get the ambient occlusion / dirtmap shader that has been mentioned on here a few times? I need to render a film res job with a quite detailed interior and dirtmap seems a pretty effective way of getting a nice result - it's got a few moving parts in it so the multiframe ir map or light cache won't work as well as I'd hope - Vlado mentioned that it was possible to get the shader in it's current state - is this still possible?

Also where is the irmap viewer located? I don't seem to have it with vray 1.47.

Sorry for all of the noob questions - I've been using qmc for everything so far.

Cheers,

John

if this is going begging then I would like to give it a run for the project im doing at the moment too
    cant use MR shader coz im using vray proxies. (i could render a mask pass for them i guess, but its a pain)
    Freelance TD/Generalist
    http://www.vanilla-box.co.uk

Comment

John,

You can try this AO plugin http://plugins.angstraum.at/ . Marc has written some great plugins. I haven't tried this one yet though. It may be what your after.

As for the animation Vlado has added a new parameter in the Irradiance Map settings called GI Blur. As I understand it you can use this setting to reduce the flickering affect you get with moving parts.

IMap viewer is available in the user download area on the docs page.

Chris.
      ------------------
      Chris Townsend

Lucid Image
      www.lucidimage.com.au

Comment

The AO plugin mentioned actually is not an AO plugin but uses GI to create a GI pass...just a one-click shortcut.

The Dirtmap/AO shader is available as source in the sdk, so you´d have to grab theSDK and compile it.

Greetings,
        Thorsten

Comment

Cheers Unknown but as instinct mentioned, marcs plugin does a skylgiht pass with no bounces whereas I need a true ao plugin that renders a pass for areas where light will trap, like a dirtmap pass.

Instinct - any idea on how i'd go about compiling it?

Comment

We have a compiled version(of the VRay AO plugin) for VRay 1.46.16 for max 6, 7, and 7.5. If Vlado does not have a problem with it we could send you that build.
            Best regards,

Corey Rubadue
            Director

Chaos Group

Comment

Originally posted by instinct
              The AO plugin mentioned actually is not an AO plugin but uses GI to create a GI pass...just a one-click shortcut.

Thorsten
              this is true, i have just tried it and my scene just bombs. the mr version is true shader based. Would be interested in running the vray version, as its an important function for me and my projects.
              Freelance TD/Generalist

Comment

Originally posted by corey
                We have a compiled version(of the VRay AO plugin) for VRay 1.46.16 for max 6, 7, and 7.5. If Vlado does not have a problem with it we could send you that build.
                share the wealth
                thats if its ok!
                Freelance TD/Generalist

Comment

"The Dirtmap/AO shader is available as source in the sdk, so you�d have to grab theSDK and compile it.

Greetings,
                  Thorsten"

So why is this not available to all users through the users download section? Or am I missing something?

Thanks,

rpc212
                  rpc212
                  - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

You have to request the SDK to get it...why the compiled version isnt available ? cause the code is (or at least was when we started working on our own enhancements) far from beeing complete. It was neither optimised nor had a proper UI (at least when compiled with VC)...at least that´s what i´d guess...vlado would have to comment on that one i guess hehe

Thorsten

Comment

Thanks for the reply instinct - The shot I was worried about got rendered in the end - not great at 3 hours a frame but it's done. Not really the most flexible thing for last minute changes but anyway...

Comment

Working...
                      X