Use VRayClipper ONLY on XRef'd Scene?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use VRayClipper ONLY on XRef'd Scene?

I've got an interior scene (a large lobby) that looks out to a fully enclosed courtyard. Both are modeled in two different scenes and mostly due to timing, don't exactly line up with each other so fully merging the scenes is not an option. What I have set up is the exterior courtyard scene xref'd into the lobby and I planned to clip out the part of the exterior that the interior occupies. So I need to have the VRayClipper only affect the exterior part and not the interior. However, because the exterior is an xref I can't add that as an "include" in the VRayClipper object. OK I thought, I'll just put the clipper into the xref'd exterior scene and set it's "include" there. No luck though as it seems that it doesn't really respect the include/exclude when use it his way.

Complicating all of this is that both scenes are still a work in progress so I can't really bake in any solution. One way I've gotten around it is to have the VRayClipper in the Lobby scene and set the exclude list to include everything in the scene. Because the exclude list doesn't see the xref objects it works fine. But as I'm still working in the scene I continually have to be adding those objects to the exclude list which his a PITA. I even tried scripting the "Exclude" list with a prerender script that loads all scene objects ($*) into the exclude list but amazingly that doesn't work. If I run the script normally it works fine but if it runs as a prerender callback it somehow adds all of the xref'd scene objects as well and everything gets excluded (as if the clipper wasn't enabled)!!

Does any one have an idea of how I could get this to work or another workaround?
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

FYI...I was able to get this to work by checks within the #Prerender script to cycle through all of the Xref Scene objects and removing them from the total scene objects ($*). Further, I have DWG files linked within the Xref's that don't show up in these lists (they actually show up as part of the main scene objects!) so I had to add some extra checks to see if they had an Xref as a root node. The code works but is extremely messy and is rather unique to this specific scene setup so I'd rather not post but PM if you need some assistance with a similar problem.
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Would be nice if this works out of the box, I don't want to fiddle with prerender scripts.
      A.

---------------------
      www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Working...
      X