Open Image Denoise (OIDN) 1.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Image Denoise (OIDN) 1.4

Any chance of updating the Open Image Denoise (OIDN) to release 1.4 ?

The update has not yet been implemented in V-Ray, however, it will be. What is the purpose of your question, if I may ask?
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Well, when you see the quality of the v1.4 with pre-filtering (http://www.cgchannel.com/2021/05/int...e-denoise-1-4/) it looks quite good to keep the small texture details

I actually *only* use the intel denoiser for all my still renderings, i find it looks the best compared to vray (sorry... ) and nvidia!

Comment

We found our multi-frame (even the per-frame one, really.) was *miles* ahead of the Intel's one for detail retention, up to v 1.3.
        To be clear, we got precisely the results they use to show the better detail retention of v1.4: extreme smoothing of some (or all!) image areas.
        Would you be so kind to share some of the details and some of the results with me, perhaps via email, so i can check if i was doing something horribly wrong?
        Lele
        Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
        ----------------------
        emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

here twho images, one with intel, one with default vray denoiser
          look how vray blurs way too much the detail of the ground textures, espacially on the floor on the top of the image!

Click image for larger version

Name:	vray.jpg
Views:	605
Size:	192.1 KB
ID:	1115005Click image for larger version

Name:	intel.jpg
Views:	595
Size:	237.7 KB
ID:	1115006
          Attached Files

Comment

ah, and till with IRmap/LC on this one, BF/LC is in my opinion still way to noisy for more or less the same render times

Comment

So, to be clear, those two are the same input passed through our denoiser at default values, andf the intel denoiser v 1.3?
              If they are, would you mind sharing the source image, with its render elements, towards my email?
              Lele
              ----------------------

Disclaimer:
              The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

yes, all default value, i will send you a wetransfer of the archive right away

Comment

Thank you ever so much!
                  Lele
                  ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

It's a great comparison if you use the Phoenix foam shader as an example. Intel gives amazing results. So finally I can render foam with vray

You can also compare how Intel cleans bokeh and motionblur on the same example. Vray gives bright squares almost always on bright spots which Intel cleans up amazingly clean.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Paul Oblomov; 04-06-2021, 01:58 AM.
                    I just can't seem to trust myself
                    So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
                    ---------------------------------------------------------
                    CG Artist

Comment

Lele, did you had a chance to try out the scene i've sent you ? Anyway, if you need some beta tester for intel 1.4 denoiser, i'm in !

Comment

Originally posted by muoto View Post
                        Lele, did you had a chance to try out the scene i've sent you ? Anyway, if you need some beta tester for intel 1.4 denoiser, i'm in !
                        I didn't.
                        I replied with a thankyou, but hadn't checked the archive until now.
                        Are you denoising JPGs as a matter of workflow?
                        Lele
                        ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

I mostly save to JPG, and no photoshop whatsover most of the time

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Oblomov View Post
                            It's a great comparison if you use the Phoenix foam shader as an example. Intel gives amazing results. So finally I can render foam with vray

You can also compare how Intel cleans bokeh and motionblur on the same example. Vray gives bright squares almost always on bright spots which Intel cleans up amazingly clean.
                            Paul, what's what in your three images?
                            Lele
                            ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Originally posted by muoto View Post
                              I mostly save to JPG, and no photoshop whatsover most of the time
                              I'd need an EXR or VRImg, with the set of REs so to be able to do tests of my own.
                              Lele
                              ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Working...
                              X