Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import image sequence into VFB

Hello,
    I renderd an animation in Chaos Cloud as .vrimg and denoised it using Denoiser Tool. Now I want to open the image sequence in VFB to make some adjustments, but I can only load a single image. I also tried to copy everything in the History folder, but it didn't work.

How can I open an image sequence in VFB?

You can't, right now.
    You can however save a LUT from the color corrections you made, and apply it to the sequence in your favourite Post software (Nuke, Fusion, PS, AE, etc.).
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

But I need to apply lens effects as well. Why aren't they recognized in the VFB history, like the other vrimg`s?

Comment

The history only reads VRImg files, as they carry the needed metadata.
        Did you render .vrimg files on the cloud, and those aren't being read by the history?
        Lele
        ----------------------

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
          Did you render .vrimg files on the cloud, and those aren't being read by the history?
          Yes, but this might be not the best workflow. I was actually happy with the post processing options in VFB and wanted to avoid doing this in different software.

Comment

Eh, but that's perhaps a bug on our side, I will ask for this to be looked into.
            VRimg ought to be picked up by the history, although you're right, the VFB2 isn't set up to process sequences.
            For that, there are a few systems still to be built, and likely they'll see the light of day by the time the VFB2 will be available as stand-alone editor as well.
            Lele
            ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

second-ich i was informed there actually is a way to add Lens Effects to a sequence, via vdenoise.exe and the -lenseffectparams flag.
              It however comes without UI, currently, and you'll likely need to feed it the values you tuned on individual frames in the VFB2.
              Work is being done on providing the vdenoise.exe with a UI for the lens effects.
              Lele
              ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
                second-ich i was informed there actually is a way to add Lens Effects to a sequence, via vdenoise.exe and the -lenseffectparams flag.
                Thank you, I will try this.

I really hope VFB2 will soon be out with the possibility to export, import and edit multiple renderings at once and integration of the denoiser tool with an opacity slider for the denoising layer. Or at least add opacity to the denoiser tool.
                Last edited by second-ich; 31-05-2021, 04:49 AM.

Comment

"Soon" is subjective.
                  But there is work being done, that much is sure.
                  Lele
                  ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Well that's something.

Could you tell me if it's a bug or am I to stupid to open vrimg in VFB history?

Comment

Would you be so kind as to send a couple of those images to my email?
                      Likely, you'll need to upload them somewhere else and send me a link, as attachment limits are going to play a role.
                      Lele
                      ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Thanks for your offer, I can't send you the original images, but I made some test renderings in the Cloud and send you the mail.

Comment

Working...
                        X