Reference node. Triplanar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reference node. Triplanar

I have 4 texture maps passing through 4 individual tri planar maps.I want one of the tri planar maps to control the size of the other tri planar maps.

I understand I need to use reference node here, right? I switch to it, click on 'none' and then what do I do. Ive tried click on a tri planar node but nothing happens.

Afterwards, click on an object of your choice. The object's scale, transform and rotation will control the TriplanarTex.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by hermit.crab View Post
      Afterwards, click on an object of your choice. The object's scale, transform and rotation will control the TriplanarTex.
      Cheers

If I've understood correctly this means I will have to create a null object in the scene just to control triplanar tex?

Is there no way of linking it to a node in the material editor instead? This would make more sense I think, to me at least. I'd rather have my diffuse map tri-planar tex map, control tri-planar tex maps for rough/normal/bump etc.

Comment

Yes, through a dummy object. Another thing you can do is to use the VRayUVWRandomizer to control the mapping source of multiple VRayBitmaps through a VRayTriplanarTex. Check the screencap for the node network.
        Attached Files
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X