Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V-Ray Material Library Browser - added my own mats using Max 2021, but now need them for use in Max 2020.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray Material Library Browser - added my own mats using Max 2021, but now need them for use in Max 2020.....

^Lele^

Some while ago, I successfully added my own materials to the V-Ray Material Library Browser, using 3DS Max 2021......

Having to now use 3DS Max 2020, I soon realised that I should have performed this task using 2020 because of course backwards compatibility would always be an issue.

So yesterday I found and employed a script to re-create all the *.mat files down from 2021 to their 3DS Max 2020 versions.

However, when in 3DS Max 2020, the previews don't work in the Library Browser (I get a 'sad face' image for all my custom library materials).

Please can you tell me if there is a quick step (that I missed) and if so, what it is I need to perform just to get the previews images in the V-Ray Material Library Browser visible and working for both 2020 and 2021?

(to recreate all my materials from scratch in 3DS Max 2020 would take a lot of time, so fingers crossed there is a quick and simple solution out there ).

Many thanks.
    Jez

------------------------------------
    3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
    Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
    ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Umh.
    Before rerendering, try to ensure the filenames for the converted matlibs and their preview and -eventually- asset subfolders are matching.
    The library uses file names to make sense of things, so what looks like a catastrophe may just be a little misnomer in a folder.

However, if everything is matching filename-wise, perhaps the .mat converter is doing something the library doesn't like.

Would you be so kind to send me two versions of the matlibs (2022, and the back-converted one), and just the first preview file, to my company email?
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Thanks Lele for such a speedy response to assist, I appreciate your help.

Of course. I will send you what you ask for, I will try to do so by the end of today.

I will PM you to let you know once it's been sent.

Thanks again.

PS - script I used off scriptspot to recreate mat file to lower version - http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/sc...-lower-version
      Jez

------------------------------------
      3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
      Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
      ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

Originally posted by JezUK View Post
        Of course. I will send you what you ask for, I will try to do so by the end of today.[/URL]
        You're very welcome.
        Don't stress about the sending of the data, do it when it's fine by you.
        Lele
        Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
        ----------------------
        emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
        X