Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxscript command to show "Clamp" settings

Hi,
    as the manual said, there should be some maxscript commands to show the "clamp" settings but I can't find them.
    Could you give me an hint?

Thanks

Depends which clamp settings you're referring to

If its the clamp output for color management, then try:
    renderers.current.colorMapping_clampOutput = true (default is false)
    and
    renderers.current.colorMapping_clampLevel = whatever float value you want to use (default is 1.0)

EDIT: AH nevermind, misunderstood your question. You want to see the clmap setting in the UI......

Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

Hello,

The commands are described here:
      https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...ToolbarOptions

and more specifically:
      Code:
      vfbcontrol #clamp
      and
      Code:
      vfbcontrol #viewclamp
      Best regards,
      Yavor
      Yavor Rubenov
      V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

thank you guys,
        your replies were both useful.

Comment

Hello,

I typed in renderers.current.colorMapping_clampOutput = true into the Maxscript Listener...and that worked to turn on Clamp Output...just like in VRay 3.5

However, I am rendering using VRay GPU 5...and the Fireflies come back.

Doesn't seem like the Clamp Output option works for GPU rendering....Is this correct?

Comment

correct, clamping isn't currently available.
            Lele
            Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
            ----------------------
            emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
            The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Thats not good...now I will have to resort to CPU rendering...which is much slower than GPU.

Any suggestions? on how to get the same look with Clamped Output ON but using GPU rendering?

thanks,

Comment

Hi guys,

Can someone please in layman's terms tell me how to bring back the clamp settings in the colour mapping? It's the only way I've been able to confidently get rid of fireflies in the past. Not sure why this would be taken away?

I opened the max script listener and typed renderers.current.colorMapping_clampOutput = true hit enter and nothing happened. I was expecting to see the clamp settings appear in my colour mapping panel. Is that not how it should work?

I also tried renderers.current.colorMapping_clampLevel = 1.0 and nothing changed in the render. There are still some very bright fireflies.

Please let me know how to bring back this setting!

Cheers,

RS

Comment

Clamping does nothing at all.
                  The option remains to not break scripts.
                  Lele
                  ----------------------

Disclaimer:
                  The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Hi ^Lele^,

Is there any way at all to clamp fireflies like there was in the past? From reading other posts I was under the impression that we were able to bring back this functionality.

Can I ask why this was taken away? I understand it kills the image but it's the only safe and quick way I've found to really stop fireflies. It's saved me many times on tight deadlines when a quick fix is needed.

Cheers,

RS

Comment

Originally posted by richard_stewart View Post
                      Hi ^Lele^,
                      Is there any way at all to clamp fireflies like there was in the past? From reading other posts I was under the impression that we were able to bring back this functionality.
                      We are proactively looking into a number of techs to ameliorate these issues.
                      We should be able to share some results soon-ish.

Can I ask why this was taken away? I understand it kills the image but it's the only safe and quick way I've found to really stop fireflies. It's saved me many times on tight deadlines when a quick fix is needed.
                      It became incompatible with some of the new functionalities introduced, like adaptive lights and such.

If you sent me the scene, or a significant portion of it, perhaps i could find ways around the fireflies without clamping.
                      Not a guarantee, mind you, but maybe worth the effort on your part.
                      Lele
                      ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Ah I look forward to the eradication of the firefly! Maybe on the next update?

Thanks so much for the offer, I have zero fireflies now after swapping the dome light for reflections to a sphere with a jpg. It's a bit more dull but at least the fireflies are gone.

Cheers,

RS

Comment

Working...
                        X