Lightcash settings for animation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightcash settings for animation

I have a project of apartment animation.
    I would like to use precalculated IR map + Lightcash on one machine becouse of flickering if it was calculated on many machines with backburner.

What are the settings for Lightcashe for 30 sec animations.
    For still image i would usualy use 1000 subdivision.
    www.VisualizationStudio.com

30 seconds? wow that is one long shot.

Comment

Actually this 30 sec is only for testing and animation is 3 min. long, but thanks for your help.

Comment

Yeah I guess I was not very helpful. I would say check the tutorial that Vlado wrote regarding walkthough animation. Seems to be very helpful. But more importantly, when doing light cache, it is less important how long the shot is and more important how much space you cover over the length of that time. If you have a real slow moving camera you will need less samples. If it is fast, you will need more.

Comment

I dont know anything about Vlados tutorial.
          Lets say the camera is slower and I am calculating every 25 frames for Irmap.
          How many subdivisions for 750 frames or 30 sec of animation and I will multiply it by 6 if its 180 sec for intire animation I presume

Comment

in addition to what cpnichols said, the physical scene size also has much to do with it, if you are using world mode for the light cache. I just did a 20 second shot (600 frames) of an apartment, and I used about 2500 subdivsions in world scale with the sample size set to 2.0". I probably could have got away with 2000, but I was using the light cache for glossies as well. IR map was rendered every 15th frame by 3 nodes, no flickering problems.

You should really check out the tutoral in the help file, it does a great job walking you through the process: http://www.chaosgroup.com/support/pr...ials_imap2.htm
            Chris
            The Revitlution

Comment

@kpavlov: Check the tutorial that we have in the Online help, it will answer all your questions, czoog posted the url. Basically, it depends a lot on the detail that you have in your scene, but for 30sec it could be around 4000subdivs for lightcache in World mode. Also, you need to setup your Sample Size carefully. Irmap should be calculated every 10th frame if the camera is moving slowly and every 5th frame otherwise, without this being an exact rule.
              Best Regards,
              Tisho

Comment

Thanks I will check it out.

Comment

Working...
                X