Task timeout error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Task timeout error

All my renders stop after 600 min., also if they have 5000 min. in settings.
    I launch the renders from Max6, but the manager has Max7 installed (and Max6 too).

Can somebody help me?
    Thank-you

I think this was discussed here as well as on the discreet webboard, but I don't remember which option had to be changed; if you do a search, it may come up.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

most task timeout issues are due to a different version, or no version at all, of 3dsmax installed on the manager machine.

if you can right click and edit settings on a job in the queue manager, its usually a sign that the manager is installed ok
      Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

Try to edit this part of backburner.xml in program files\backburner 2\network on the computer from where you submit the renderjob

<UseTimeouts>Yes</UseTimeouts>
        <MaxLoad>20</MaxLoad>
        <MaxUnload>10</MaxUnload>
        <MaxRender>300</MaxRender>

-set "use timeouts to "Yes"
        -Maxrender value is the tasktimeout in minutes, just change 300 to 5000 (however be aware when rendering animations a rendernode will remain inactive for 5000 minutes if an error would occur....
        - when submitting renderjobs use default timeout settings.

Marco

Comment

Thank-you!

Vlado: on the discussions this is usually caused by different max versions on the manager, but this is not my case.

dbuchhofer: on the manager I've installed both max 6 and 7. The same on the servers. I launch theese renders from max 6.

marco: I'll try!

Thank-you again

Comment

P.S: dbuchhofer: with the manager I'm able to change the timeout, but it doesn't work.

Comment

Marco, all my settings are yet as you suggested. I changed them from the advanced settings time before.

Still the problem: job timeout 5000 min. , but the render stop after 600 min.

Could it be a problem due to max6 and max7 both installed on the manager and job launched from max6??????

Strange, but possible...

Now I really can't uninstall max6 or max7 from the manager. Is there anybody in a similar condition?

Comment

Working...
              X