Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Material Intance Like Unreal Engine

Hello Dear Fellows,

I was wonder that how to create material instances for multiple objects in 3ds max Vray, if you have any idea please let me know!

Click image for larger version

Name:	question.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	541.3 KB
ID:	1125967

Best Regards
    Utku

You would do this by swapping the color before the base material - it goes in the other direction.

I actually hate the way that UE materials do this, although it could just be due to familiarity.

Comment

You do it with a multi-sub Tex, and set the right property (f.e. objectID, faceID, and so on).
      Then the same material goes on every node, and takes on the color/texture proper for the ID found on the node. (see attached)

Attached Files
      Lele
      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
      ----------------------
      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Thank you very much guys for quick respond, problem solved! Neilg ^Lele^ <3

Comment

Another mini question (Already researched and tried but can't find solution about that-only able to see in elements), how to see object id color in viewport regarding to vray multi-sub Tex info? ^Lele^

Comment

There isn't an obvious one, Max doesn't support it.
            It could possibly be scripted, but not elegantly (it'd have to run each time an ID changes, and it'd likely change wirecolors to nodes as IDs and Nodes are added/removed.).
            Your best way out of this is to set up a multiSubTex, assign the IDs to nodes, and the shader as override (maybe use the texture for the color of a lightMtl).
            Then use IPR viewport.
            Attached Files
            Lele
            Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
            ----------------------
            emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
            The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
              There isn't an obvious one, Max doesn't support it.
              It could possibly be scripted, but not elegantly (it'd have to run each time an ID changes, and it'd likely change wirecolors to nodes as IDs and Nodes are added/removed.).
              Your best way out of this is to set up a multiSubTex, assign the IDs to nodes, and the shader as override (maybe use the texture for the color of a lightMtl).
              Then use IPR viewport.
              Thank you for all your help, I will try my best! ^Lele^

Comment

Working...
              X