Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [VrayVolumeGrid] Ignore velocity channel, don't show warning dialog

Hello,

In some vdbs caches we don't have a velocity channel (we don't need one, and we dont want to add more channel in our caches to keep it lightweight). We use Physical Camera with 3d motion blur, there is a warning dialog from vray saying :
    There is no Grid Velocity channel, Motion Blur in the container will be disabled for this frame

This warning will show up even if the Motion blur on the VrayVolumeGrid is set to 0

That dialog is very annoying because we need to press OK for each volume grid in the scene (sometime there are plenty of them 50+). Some will say that we can press Do not show this message again but when we update those grids with new ones we need to do it again one by one.

Is there a way (or a maxscript variable) on the grid node to make this warning quiet so we can easily script something to ignore this warning on all the grid. I've checked the maxscript properties of a VrayVolumeGrid, even the Vray properties of it but no sign of this option.

Thanks

Hey,

Yes you can do this via maxscript. With all of the grids selected you can run the following script.

for i in $ do (
    i.dontshow[1] = 0x7FFFFFFF
    i.dontshow[2] = 0x7FFFFFFF
    )

This way the warnings should be disabled.

Cheers!
    Georgi Zhekov
    Phoenix Product Manager
    Chaos

Comment

Thanks ! I'll try that

Comment

Working...
      X