Live-action plate (sequence) workflow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live-action plate (sequence) workflow

Im doing some cgi for some live action shots, but cant seem to figure out the proper way to set the workflow up. Up until now ive used still frame(s) as backplate when working in vray (background layer in vfb). However, now i need a sequence, and i cant seem to import that to the background layer. Ideally id want the sequence to update as i move the timeline in max. Right now im just changing the image to the corresponding frame in max, but this is very cumbersome.
    What is the proper way of working with image sequences as backplates in vray 3ds max? Thanks!

Create a .ifl (Command panel > Utilities > More... > IFL Manager) from the sequence and use it as an environment background?
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks, the problem with that is that its affected by camera/vray exposure. Or is there a way to turn this off?

Comment

Edit: Usning ''No exposure control'' makes the image sequence no effected, but then you have no exposure control, other than of course changing lights. Which works

Comment

There is another way by disabling the "Affect Background" option in the Render Setup (V-Ray>Color mapping), however, it works only for Bucket rendering, Check this post.
          Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

You can use <frame> tag in the frame buffer background.
            Maxscript made easy....
            davewortley.wordpress.com
            Follow me here:
            facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

Working...
            X