Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to save to .png render from Vray frame buffer with the white background

Hello,

How to save to .png render from Vray frame buffer with the white background? The command

vfbControl #saveimage imageFilePath

saves only with black, but I have in VFB image with the white bg. Maybe there is some trick to put render to max render window and then save to file?

I use Vray 5 1.3 . And I need to save render result for VFB via maxscript only. I open VFB window via Render Setup (F10) -> V-Ray -> IPR options -> Start IPR. Then I render image and after this I need to press a button in a custom dialog form and save render result to .png with a white bg. As I wrote I use vfbControl #saveimage imageFilePath command but it's ignore Alpha settings of the .png settings ( pngio.setAlpha false ) and save with Alpha and black bg. If I save manually I have save dialog with the Alpha channel checked off and render output is with the right white bg. It seems that VBF via script has own png save settings.

Hello,

You are right that when saving with script the frame buffer has separate settings. Unfortunately there's currently no way to control them in the script.
    Side question - if you don't need the alpha why don't you use some file format without alpha - like jpeg ?

Best regards,
    Yavor
    Yavor Rubenov
    V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Hi Yavor,

thank you for your reply. I found that for the our workflow is better to use .png rather then .jpg. But your answer is enough for me, so thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X