Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Decal issue

Hi, chaos team.

I found that once I used a composite node which composes a few images for decal's mask, the decal will disappear in final render sometimes, but it can still shows up in IPR.

I'm using V-Ray 5.21 for 3ds max 2020

Did a bit of testing and found out that the disappearance may be a matter of projection, but the Composite node works as a mask. Play around with your procedural textures' coordinates (if there are some using object XYZ, their scale might be too large). The IPR and Production difference is odd, though. Could you attach a simple scene demonstrating the issue here? Some screencaps should help as well. Otherwise, if you're in a hurry you could bake the Composite map (RMB on map> Render Map...) as a workaround.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks for relpy.

I did some testing by myself then I think I need to update the issue.

You see, the problem is the first render after I open my scene, if the mask of decals is using composite node, it will not shows up, both in IPR or production render, only when I change some settings then it appear in the render. That means I have to set up all decals again in the scene that are using composite node everytime I open my scene again.

But, if the mask is only a normal VRayBitmap node, it works fine. As you said I tried to bake the map and used only one VRayBitmap node for baked map. it can normlly shows up everytime after I do a first render when I open my scene.

It still have some problem, because I compose two images into composite node, and one of them was using VRayTriplanarTex and VRayUVWRandomizer for mapping source, so it baked incorrectly.

Comment

Thank you for the clarification. The issue is reproducible - the Composite node does not render until you open it in the ME (this seems to concern Bitmaps only). I've logged the issue (internal bug-tracker id: VMAX-11662) for developer investigation.

It still have some problem, because I compose two images into composite node, and one of them was using VRayTriplanarTex and VRayUVWRandomizer for mapping source, so it baked incorrectly.
        Just tested this and I don't see any issue when rendering the map itself.
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by hermit.crab View Post
          Just tested this and I don't see any issue when rendering the map itself.
          Oh, I mean, yeah it can bake without issue but the result was not what I expect, but it is not a big deal .

Anyway, thanks for reply and I'll waiting for the update.

Comment

Working...
          X