Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to render a scene with tyflow on a machine without tyflow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to render a scene with tyflow on a machine without tyflow?

Hello guys, I am the admin of my main computer, which has all the plugins that I need, including tyflow. My office computer has very tight control, so I can't install tyflow on it.
    I wonder, can I use distribution rendering across these two computers, or do they have to have identical plugin collections?
    I understand that I can export tyflow particles as object instances, but for the sake of efficiency and curiosity, I wonder if distribution rendering can work with minimum file discrepancies.
    Thank you so much.

Originally posted by onyxlee View Post
    I wonder, can I use distribution rendering across these two computers, or do they have to have identical plugin collections?
    This is generally how it's done, yes.
    You can sometimes bake/cache things, but given tyflow is so expansive in feature set, it's down to what it is you did with it.
    What are you rendering?
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Thanks for your reply, Lele. By "This is generally how it's done, yes.", you mean "identical plugin collections", right?
      So which way is easier? Using VRay proxy or export tyflow particles into individual meshes? Does vray proxy support tons of instances and animations?
      Thanks again for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by onyxlee View Post
        Thanks for your reply, Lele. By "This is generally how it's done, yes.", you mean "identical plugin collections", right?
        Yes, sorry for being too terse.
        Conceptually, one should consider a DR machine as a clone of the host.

So which way is easier? Using VRay proxy or export tyflow particles into individual meshes? Does vray proxy support tons of instances and animations?
        Thanks again for your help!
        The proxy can take all the geo you throw at it, but i am unsure as to how far it can take the handling of stuff like instancing and particles.
        You may have to resort to intermediate formats, like Alembic (loaded through a proxy) to preserve some of those.
        It's highly dependent on what it is one's trying to achieve.

See here for more info.
        Lele
        Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
        ----------------------
        emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
        X