Line In Rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line In Rendering

I have noticed this happening on an off for a while now and I am not sure what it is. Just a simple scene with two boxes both with VRay materials, VRay Light and a standard Target Camera. I am using GI and Adaptive Subdivision for the AA. Can anyone give some direction on what the problem is.

Thanks in advance.

JoeD

oh yeah. i recognise that. its called the ferner effect. basically when multiplying the coefficient of your vray lights multiplier by the difference between the area of the light object and the distance to the recieving object. then interjecting the tangent angle that they are facing eachother too you then use that answer interposed with the square root of the quadralataral index of the interger. this will determine the thickness of the black line

(in otherwords ive never seen it and good luck getting rid of it. i was just hopping to put a smile of your face in such unhappy times as these when black lines can be found in our renders. )

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Da_elf
      oh yeah. i recognise that. its called the ferner effect. basically when multiplying the coefficient of your vray lights multiplier by the difference between the area of the light object and the distance to the recieving object. then interjecting the tangent angle that they are facing eachother too you then use that answer interposed with the square root of the quadralataral index of the interger. this will determine the thickness of the black line

(in otherwords ive never seen it and good luck getting rid of it. i was just hopping to put a smile of your face in such unhappy times as these when black lines can be found in our renders. )
      man thats some crazy rum you must be drinkn right now...

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

I suppose that it may be because the edge between the box faces is exactly parallel to the camera looking direction. If you rotate the box or the camera slightly, it will go away. Another soluton is to use the Adaptive QMC sampler or check the Rand option on the Adaptive subdivision sample (without moving the camera or the box).

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Ah, the Ferner Effect. I remember that in physics. I tried to adjust the square root of the quadrilateral index of the integer but to no avail.

So I just did what Vlado said “Rand option on the Adaptive subdivision sample.”

JoeD

Comment

Working...
          X