Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water with splashes/mist/foam not rendering in Vray5 GPU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water with splashes/mist/foam not rendering in Vray5 GPU?

Hello,
    I was testing now GPU rendering with latest Vray5, but it works not with splashes,foam and mist of water.
    Is there anything, I can do better? CPU (Ryzen threadripper 3990x) takes still 10 minutes for a single frame of a sequence in proper quality...
    GPU is fast but gives no useful result.

Thanks

Click image for larger version  Name:	V-Ray VFB GPU render.png Views:	0 Size:	9.6 KB ID:	1135443

I still don't know when proper foam scattering will be of any priority for gpu... Maybe not even next year. Maybe they are working on smth groudbreaking.
    I just can't seem to trust myself
    So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    CG Artist

Comment

There is a GPU section in the forum.
      Please ensure you use that, so that you're read by the right people.
      Lele
      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
      ----------------------
      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Hey,

The Particle shader support for V-Ray GPU is still work in progress so not everything is supported.

For now the Bubbles/Splash/Fog mode should be working (though they will not match the CPU result).

The points and the Cellular mode are not supported yet. Note that the warning you shared are not related to V-Ray GPU, they are due to using the Render as Geometry option in the Particle shader - you can find more about it here - https://docs.chaos.com/display/PHX4M...HXFoam-General

Georgi Zhekov
        Phoenix Product Manager
        Chaos

Comment

Working...
        X