Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resumable rendering (progressive) not working

Hello,

I have used now resumable rendering again, and can't get it to work.

It's asking, when I rerender with a higher "max subdivs" if I want to replace existing files - instead of refining them.

I remember that it only works with progressive mode, so I choose progressive.

.vrprog files are in the folder as they should.

(using Latest Max and latest Vray)

Thanks for explanation!

Click image for larger version  Name:	settings resumable.png Views:	0 Size:	71.7 KB ID:	1135708
    Click image for larger version  Name:	confirm overwriting.png Views:	0 Size:	3.5 KB ID:	1135709

Attached Files

Both image sampler modes work for me. Does it happen on a simple scene? Could you attach the vraylog? Also, check the docs page about resumable rendering to see if you're missing something.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I checked it again:
      The warning of "confim overwriting" shows up only for all render elements, not for the main render.
      If there are no render elements, it works as expected with warning message.

I can't say if "confirm overwriting" means starting from scratch.

If not, the message is wrong because it makes no sense,
      and for the beauty render there is also no such warning.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-01-05 20_20_49-Files Exist.png
Views:	180
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	1135867

Comment

I see. The 'confirm overwriting' message concerns the image saving after the resumable rendering is completed. Maybe you've already rendered some images with the same file name beforehand? If it started from scratch a fresh .vprog or .vrimg would be created, in which data would be temporarily stored prior to saving. You can confirm the render is correctly resumed by checking the messages in the V-Ray Log (in the VFB): "Resuming image file <file_location>; XXX buckets found" for bucket rendering and "Successfully resumed progressive rendering from file <file_location>" for progressive rendering.

I presume the message (which is a 3ds Max one) is present only through the Separate Render Channels because it uses the 3ds Max native output (V-Ray raw image file uses a V-Ray one).
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X