Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do i access the V-Ray messages log file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i access the V-Ray messages log file?

hello. when i hit render and the V-Ray messages window opens showing errors, how do i access that information - save it, or copy and paste into notepad etc?

it lists not only problem material names but also the objects in the scene which is brilliant! i'd like to get a list of those objects and materials names so i can correct or share with others. but the only time i seem to be able to see them is with the V-Ray messages window. i think my additional question here is: does Vray have some type of scene material viewer/browser that shows material names and objects?

thanks!

HI, type "temp" in your windows explorer. In the folder that has opened search for "vraylog.txt" and there is your log file.
    Of course you can also select the whole text and copy/paste it into for instance notepad.
    Last edited by vladimir_krastev; 13-01-2022, 04:03 AM.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

ah windows temp, thanks.

Comment

hm. in max 2020 i do get the log window pop-up. but in max 2022 with vray 5.20.02build 00001 i don't get the log window pop-up. i have a physical material wiht bitmap and a bitmap blur set to 0.01. i do see the %TEMP% log file updated and it contains the erorrs
        Attached Files

Comment

grrrr - nevermind. i can access the log anytime at the bottom of the render frame window it's docked along with Layers and Stats

Comment

Working...
          X