Vray Dome light on/off parameter not available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Dome light on/off parameter not available

Hi, I'm looking to wire the on parameter of a dome light to the on parameter of a Vray Sun, but I can't see the enable or on/off parameter in wire parameter editor. Any ideas how this can be exposed or why it's not available?

Attached Files

Hi Thomas, what is the effect you are trying to achieve? Can't you use the intensity_multiplier parameter instead?
    pixel bender @ panoptikon

Comment

WEll it's a bit of a work around actually. I usually use this script to render out a scene like I have now - with many different cameras and lighting scenarios with each, however it doesn't seem to allow me to add the Vray sun to the light list for each camera. I have a corresponding dome light for each sun with a Vray Sky Map which it does allow me to add, so wondered if wiring the on/off of the domes (which the script controls) to the Sun's on/off would work.Yes possibly intensity would work, although isn't that going from boolean to float (I think those are the correct terms).

Comment

Sorry, this script:

http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/sc...-camera-render

Comment

maybe this script can help you with this. http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/sc...n-scene-lister
          if I remember correctly it also has a built in batch rendering system but I may be wrong.
          pixel bender @ panoptikon

Comment

Originally posted by thomas_bussey View Post
            WEll it's a bit of a work around actually. I usually use this script to render out a scene like I have now - with many different cameras and lighting scenarios with each, however it doesn't seem to allow me to add the Vray sun to the light list for each camera. I have a corresponding dome light for each sun with a Vray Sky Map which it does allow me to add, so wondered if wiring the on/off of the domes (which the script controls) to the Sun's on/off would work.Yes possibly intensity would work, although isn't that going from boolean to float (I think those are the correct terms).
            Maybe I'm not fully understanding what you're trying to achieve......

but if you have a vraysky in a dome, with multiple vraysun's, all you need to do is switch on/off the vraysun and the vraysky in the single dome will display the correct "sky". No need for multiple dome lights for that
            Kind Regards,
            Morne

Comment

Originally posted by Morne View Post

Maybe I'm not fully understanding what you're trying to achieve......

but if you have a vraysky in a dome, with multiple vraysun's, all you need to do is switch on/off the vraysun and the vraysky in the single dome will display the correct "sky". No need for multiple dome lights for that
              Interesting, I was never sure about that. I've specified a Sky dome to each sun just to be sure, but you're saying that if you only have one sun on then the sky will readjust to that one's position?

I assumed it defaulted to the first created sun for some reason.

What happens if you have two suns on?

Anyway, it's the suns I'm having trouble getting the script to read, not the sky domes, unfortunately.

I could potentially arrange the shot sequentially and just keyframe the sun/daylight system to different times I suppose. I suppose.
              Or now I think about it the script can also handle scene states so maybe I just hide the unused lights for each camera.

Comment

Working...
              X