Extractling Beauty from VRIMG files in batch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extractling Beauty from VRIMG files in batch

Is it possible to extract the Beauty pass from a VRIMG in a batch process? I've run an animation and stupidly had bloom and glare turned off - not a problem with the new batch image processor, except that each frame contains quite a few passes and as such I'm seeing a lot of network traffic. It would be great if I could extract just the beuty and then batch process that with the bloom and glare setting from my .vfbl layers file.

or if batch processing accepted EXRs then I could extract the beauty pass with VRIMG2EXR and then glare those.

Comment

Hello,

EXR support for the batch image processing is already in the works.

Apart from that - would adding an option in the batch processing tool to only write the final effectsResult/Beauty and skip other elements work for you ?

And also if you have other ideas for improvement to the batch processing tool - they are welcome

Best regards,
      Yavor
      Yavor Rubenov
      V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Originally posted by yavor.rubenov View Post
        Hello,

EXR support for the batch image processing is already in the works.

Apart from that - would adding an option in the batch processing tool to only write the final effectsResult/Beauty and skip other elements work for you ?

And also if you have other ideas for improvement to the batch processing tool - they are welcome

Best regards,
        Yavor
        Great news! and absolutely, I see having that option to easily run a few variants of bloom/glare settings could be useful for animators.

Comment

Actually that potentially makes the VFB a great grading tool for sequences too.

Comment

Originally posted by yavor.rubenov View Post

Best regards,
            Yavor

Oh! one more thing, having a submitter plugin for deadline as with VRIMG2EXR and Denoise would be great. Then you could que the whole process from render - to denoise and finally grading/ lighting options.

Comment

Any progress on batch processing accepting EXR? I've recently run a 3000 frame animation and having to retain all the VRIMGs in case I need to tweak glare is taking a massive amount of disc space.

Comment

Working...
              X