batch render & vray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• batch render & vray

hi, i have a little confusion about batch render and vray for multiple images;
    use batch camera render (more complete)

1- I create presets (ok)
    2- I create state scenes (for lights ... materials..ok)
    3- I create .vfbl for vray frame buffer option
    4- I create .lightmix for vray light mix option

but if I use the batch render mode I cannot apply the relative .vfbl and .lightmix to each image. how should i do?
    do I have to apply points 3-4 after rendering by opening 3dsmax and vfb? but I can't do it in post .. how do you work?
    thank you
    Matteo

We already touched on the topic here. Yes, you can manually load the images, apply the presets and re-save them. You can also use a script with the following basic structure to make things easier:

Code:
    vfbControl #loadimage "C:\Users\Alexander\Desktop\Camera1.exr"
    vfbControl #loadglobalccpreset "C:\Users\Alexander\Desktop\Camera1.vfbl"
    ((vfbControl #getlayermgr)[1].sourceLayer).src_type = 2
    vfbLayers.loadLayersFromFile "C:\Users\Alexander\Desktop\Camera1.lightmix
    You can make use of wildcards here to make the script adapt to certain filenames for example.

EDIT: Ignore this. Read my second post.
    Last edited by hermit.crab; 20-01-2022, 06:44 AM.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

hi, ok thanks ,.
      Yes I have already made a post but I don't use batch render (thanks for the script but I don't know how to use it).
      For the moment I continue to render single image.
      for the future (I am an architect) it would be useful and simple to have a complete batch render (in vray plugin or 3dsmax) with all the information
      thank you
      Matteo

Comment

Actually, we have something that may be of use to you - the Batch Image Processing (VFB2> File > Batch Image Processing), which can apply a certain .vfbl (this file holds the .lightmix information as well) to a set of images (currently, only .vrimg; will be improved soon). You can use it for each of your cameras, whenever you're working with batch rendering output.
        Last edited by hermit.crab; 20-01-2022, 06:47 AM.
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X