Night animation how to ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night animation how to ?

Our next project will be a night animation. Anybody has some experience with it?
    The big challenge will be the lightning I think. I read in the manual that mental ray has a night shader. This will not work with vray I think. Can someone give me some tips our workarounds....

Thanks a lot
    NooM

Its mostly just keeping the number of lights down where possible, as they play a much higher role in the rendering, since night shots require many more lights.

begin with a skylight of a dark 'nighttime' blue/purple fill light, and tint all of your building lights more towards a warm yellow.. use attenuations, use small shadow maps where shadow detail isn't important.. (in a night scene, thats many of the lights.. as they're more for accenting)

its mostly just 'feel', so try and keep your rendertimes low, as it takes a lot of tweaking the first couple times to get an eye for the lighting colors and values.

theres no magic solution.. good luck
    Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

Thanks for your input Will visit next week the place where the animation will be. Take some pictures day and night, so I can see if it comes close to gods rendering Is the world nice rendered or what
      Thx for your input
      NooM

Comment

Originally posted by NooM
        Thanks for your input Will visit next week the place where the animation will be. Take some pictures day and night, so I can see if it comes close to gods rendering Is the world nice rendered or what
        Thx for your input
        NooM
        Yes, hard to beat the "G-Ray" it's the ifinite bounces and sub divs , I think...
        Eric Boer
        Dev

Comment

...another quick tip:
          underlight buildings with vray lights to simulate street glow...works especially well on city blocks etc..it also gives you silhouetting at the building tops against 'twilight' skies etc....a fast 'no-tech' effect

G-ray eh?....interesting concept
          Needs more cowbell

Comment

Originally posted by RErender
            Yes, hard to beat the "G-Ray" it's the ifinite bounces and sub divs , I think...
            i tend to wonder what kinda GI methods being used. his AA engine is awsome as well

---------------------------------------------------
            MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
            stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

hehe yes, but it's funny, sometimes after a long day when I'm on the way home and very tired I am looking to people for example at mainstation and was saying to myself, man/girl your are bad animated or woowwwhh nice motion blur on the cars..or come on give a little bit more reflection on the screen..and so on...LOL

Are I'm alone so crazy, or do you have same experience

NooM

Comment

NooM, you're not alone!!!...

Comment

It happend to me while I played famoust Russian game Tetris few weeks. I was at the Jedi level few last days, but I quit the game one day.
                  The reason is while I was watching news I started to think how I could easily place one L block on the right shoulder of speaker or however you call lady who's reading the news.
                  www.VisualizationStudio.com

Comment

ok how many of you have say at a table with a glass of wine and caught yourself staring at the caustics wishing yours looked that good

---------------------------------------------------
                    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

For nightrenderings try one of these hdrs ..they are pretty good in tinting your rendering the right way.
                      http://hdri.3dweave.com/library/freak.php
                      www.cgtechniques.com | http://www.hdrlabs.com - home of hdri knowledge

Comment

Wow thanks for that Dschaga

Comment

Working...
                        X