Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a list of the currently supported maps from max into vrscene available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a list of the currently supported maps from max into vrscene available?

Heya Folks!

I'm currently converting an old vray 3.x scene across into vray 5.x for houdini, is there a current list of what maps are currently supported in the export to vrscene? I notice a few features within maps prevent things from exporting / converting correctly so it'd be great to have something to reference!

Cheers!

While I was looking into Vantage, I also had a similar question. Couldn't find anything in the docs. So if a list of supported stuff could be listed there, that would be great, thank you.
    A.

---------------------
    www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

I guess you could have a look at the list of VRayPluginNodeTex in 3dsMax to see what should work.

edit:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-01-21 101439.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	1137426
      Last edited by piotrus3333; 21-01-2022, 03:16 AM.
      Marcin Piotrowski
      youtube

Comment

Hello,

You can use the Chaos Cloud supported features list as a start. The cloud uses the vrscene exporter in Max.
        (https://docs.chaos.com/display/VMAX/...orted+Features)

Best regards,
        Yavor
        Yavor Rubenov
        V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Well.. even tho it is "supported", there is a possibility it doesn't render same.
          I have been through so many conversion attempt.
          In the end, it is faster to just rebuild or bake down to bitmap only.

Comment

Originally posted by yavor.rubenov View Post
            Hello,

You can use the Chaos Cloud supported features list as a start. The cloud uses the vrscene exporter in Max.
            (https://docs.chaos.com/display/VMAX/...orted+Features)

Best regards,
            Yavor
            That's perfect Yavor!

We're going to be throwing some things back and forth between max and houdini and vrscene seems like a great way for little shot specific things. Will be nice to have a preflight so people don't use things that aren't supported on the other side!

Comment

Working...
            X