Irradiance map will be removed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irradiance map will be removed?

I note that in the render Log there is a line that says "Warning : "Irradiance map" GI engine is deprecated and will be removed in the future."

I must even at this early stage put in my protest against removing the IR map. BF is simply still far too slow to render in production scenes on my end.
    James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
    Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Hi thank you for your feedback.
    There are a lot of upgrades done to the BF/LC compared to earlier versions of V-Ray. The default settings give very good results in terms of quality vs render time. We also have the standalone denoiser tool. By including it in your workflow you can reduce render times significantly without compromising the quality when rendering animations.
    If you have a specific scene that you are concerned about or have troubles with the BF/LC method you can share it with us for review. Please do that here or submit a ticket to our support page.

Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

But I can use denoiser tool on renders using IRMap so that point is largely moot.
      I am using Vray 5.2 and even so, IR/LC with tweaked AA settings can save me hours of render time on a single frame @ 5k.
      James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
      Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

With the continuous upgrading of hardware
        More accurate calculation
        It may be the common goal of all rendering software。

Comment

Originally posted by Pixelcon View Post
          But I can use denoiser tool on renders using IRMap so that point is largely moot.
          I am using Vray 5.2 and even so, IR/LC with tweaked AA settings can save me hours of render time on a single frame @ 5k.
          No doubt, as it's an undersampling technique.
          It also, however, hampers a number of other technologies that were implemented, and will be implemented in the future.
          You'll be free to not upgrade, provided you won't need the new techs (f.e. lightmix.).
          Lele
          Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
          ----------------------
          emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
          The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
          X