Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Environment Soft fog

Hey everyone!
    Im looking for some tips to create a softer haze fog in Vray. Think Blade Runner 2049, but everything I get is sharp outlines of every object. I want more GI bleed in the fog. I have tried scatter GI on and even upping the bounces, I have GI on my scene. I have linked to a Gizmo not just fog height, I have tried a Noise in the density, but it spikes render times and doesn't really achieve the effect. Any tips or pointers would be super helpful? Click image for larger version

Name:	BladeRunner.JPG
Views:	343
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	1138638

Thank you!

The look of that image comes mostly from color grading.
    Here is a simple test using a dome light, a sun and an environment fog. The first image is graded in PS, the second is from the VFB.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	test blade runner 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	53.2 KB ID:	1138641Click image for larger version  Name:	test blade runner 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	54.3 KB ID:	1138642
    3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
    NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
    www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
    @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

@sirio76

Thank you so much and how can I argue with those results! My fog just isnt looking like that. It basically is reading just like a zdepth. Seems like I need to play around with my lighting maybe, even though im using a dome and sun as well but clearly the results can be achieved. Thank you again, you gave me confidence I can get the look

Comment

The docs will provide for detailed description of the parameters, and for specific examples.
        And welcome -properly- to the forums!
        Lele
        Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
        ----------------------
        emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by e.butler010 View Post
          @sirio76

Thank you so much and how can I argue with those results! My fog just isnt looking like that. It basically is reading just like a zdepth. Seems like I need to play around with my lighting maybe, even though im using a dome and sun as well but clearly the results can be achieved. Thank you again, you gave me confidence I can get the look
          My setup is quite simple, I'm on Vray for Cinema4D but all the informations can be used 1:1 also in Max.
          Here are the settings for dome, sun and fog, buildings are about 200m tall. This can get you close to the result, then you can grade the image in post.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	Schermata 2022-02-02 alle 11.49.27.png Views:	0 Size:	89.7 KB ID:	1138699Click image for larger version  Name:	Schermata 2022-02-02 alle 11.51.19.png Views:	0 Size:	89.2 KB ID:	1138698Click image for larger version  Name:	Schermata 2022-02-02 alle 11.49.02.png Views:	0 Size:	132.0 KB ID:	1138697
          Last edited by sirio76; 02-02-2022, 04:03 AM.
          3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
          NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
          www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
          @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

Hmm seems like the Cinema4D env. fog. has gotten a little more love than the 3Dsmax one. For instance, the UI is much more tidy and clear. Apart from that. I don't see Fog density and IOR anywhere for instance.
            A.

---------------------
            www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Working...
            X