Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFB Layer Settings don't stay the same after hit render

Hi!
    I'm using Vray 5 with 3ds Max 2019 and there is one small issue that annoys me:
    Each time i hit render ( same scene, same settings etc ) some Layer Settings do not stay as they were.
    For example:
    I've changed the Stamp Layer to be shown on the top / right. When re-render it's again on bottom-left.
    Or Display Correction Properties set to ICC or sRGB after hitting render again it's set to None.

It's no big thing but it's quite annoying to change the same small settings over and over again.

Guess there is 100% a little checkbox somewhere i didn't found out yet to say "VFB please keep your settings as they are" or better to set default VFB settings in general.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by robert_ecker; 04-02-2022, 09:42 AM.

Originally posted by robert_ecker View Post
    I've changed the Stamp Layer to be shown on the top / right. When re-render it's again on bottom-left.
    On my end, only the "Top" position seems to reset to "Bottom" after every rendering start. Will make a note about that.

Originally posted by robert_ecker View Post
    Or Display Correction Properties set to ICC or sRGB after hitting render again it's set to None.
    Perhaps you have an environment variable controlling this option set?

EDIT: Logged Stamp issue (internal bug-tracker id: VMAX-11858 ).
    Last edited by hermit.crab; 07-02-2022, 05:41 AM.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thank you for the quick response!
      Would be awesome if the stamp could stick where it was - cause usually we've to spit out many cameras with that stamp on top

Originally posted by hermit.crab View Post

Perhaps you have an environment variable controlling this option set?
      To be honest I don't know what variables could controlling this option.

The only one i know:
      Max Preferences "Enable Gamma/LUT Correction" is set to a fixed Gamma value.
      And Rendering -> Environment -> Exposure Control is set to "No Exposure Control" but it happens also when it's set to "Vray Exposure" ( Mode: from Camera )

Update:
      It seems that the PSD Manager Plugin is causing this issue -> when it's deactivated the Display Correction Probs remain at sRGB after Rendering
      Last edited by robert_ecker; 05-02-2022, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Updating PSD Manager from 5.0.2 to 5.0.3 fixed this issue.
        Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X