Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VraySun with lat+long as global feature throughout Chaos ecosystem, and clouds in VraySky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VraySun with lat+long as global feature throughout Chaos ecosystem, and clouds in VraySky

Hi!

I was just looking into getting a VraySun as correct as possible to any physical place on earth with Lat Long. Now, that's not a big problem, just using the Daylight system in 3ds max with VraySun enabled.
    However, two questions arise for me next.

1) How is the outlook for getting a cloud model in the VraySky? Here up in Norway we usually don't have a 100% clear sky, like never.
    Are you thinking about never implementing clouds in VraySky in 3ds max, but instead for Vantage and Enscape? If so, when? And that actually leads me to question number...

2) Will the sun model be physically accurate in Vantage and Enscape, with possibility to insert Lat Long, time/date? (please say yes, it's a huge feature)

Until this day we've been using HDRI's for sun and background in our studio, but with increasingly amazing native support for lens effects in vfb, we just need to look into using the VraySun, especially mixed with a geographically accurate sun, as we are into the archviz field.

And last, do you guys at Chaos have any comments regarding sky/cloud/weather/sunposition and how you are strategically thinking of implementing this in vray for 3dsmax versus Vantage and Enscape, with any roadmap or timeline?
    Enlighten me, please. Skies, clouds, sun with lens effects will have a big impact in how good and fast we can create feelings in our creative works. I believe the future for us is setting up and detailing models in 3ds max, then taking it out to Vantage or Enscape or whatever that merged product will be in the future, hence the relevance of this cloud/sun model working on a global Chaos scale.

Thank you!
    Last edited by chromaloma; 06-02-2022, 02:53 PM.

Hi,

1) The research for adding procedural clouds in Max is already scheduled. With some luck you'll see it this year.

2) You can already use geolocation in Vantage for VRaySun, as for Enscape it will be best to ask in their forum
    If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
    Chaos

Comment

Hi, and thanks for response. Do you have any more information/public roadmap on the procedural cloud case? Do you know if it is planned an implementation of it in VraySky, or as a native 3ds max arnold feature?

Comment

Originally posted by chromaloma View Post
        Hi, and thanks for response. Do you have any more information/public roadmap on the procedural cloud case? Do you know if it is planned an implementation of it in VraySky, or as a native 3ds max arnold feature?
        There is no public roadmap for V-Ray. Arnold is a separate renderer (owned by Autodesk) and we don't have anything to do with its features

Peter Matanov
        Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by matanov View Post

There is no public roadmap for V-Ray. Arnold is a separate renderer (owned by Autodesk) and we don't have anything to do with its features
          Ok, I was just trying to clear out if the clouds was an incoming vray feature, or native max feature. I'm delighted to hear that it's a planned vray-feature.

Comment

Originally posted by chromaloma View Post

I'm delighted to hear that it's a planned vray-feature.
            I'm excited as well, we'll see how it goes

Peter Matanov
            Chaos

Comment

Working...
            X