Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This texture TexRemap (vray plugin node texture) ONLY supports VRay GPU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This texture TexRemap (vray plugin node texture) ONLY supports VRay GPU?

Hey guys, I am using this texture called TexRemap found under "vray plugin node texture", to my surprise, this texture only works under VRay GPU, NOT under VRay CPU, which is very bizzaare. Usually all the features support CPU first, then GPU later. But in this case, as long as I switch to GPU, it renders properly. As soon as I switch to CPU, the map is missing.

Any tips to make it work under CPU? Thank you so much!

Click image for larger version

Name:	r3BTtTc.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	1139235

Hi, the issue is reproducing in a new simple scene. I have logged it under VMAX-11860 in our system for developer review.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

You can probably use texSetRange to a similar effect (that does currently work on cpu.).
      Lele
      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
      ----------------------
      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Thank you, ^Lele^ and Vladimir.

Lele, I just tried TexSetRange, it only allows all values between [0,1], I can't set it to 10 or 100. Is there any other way to do the calculation with bias and gain? I don't mind manually writing the formulation down instead of using these plugin nodes to do the same job.

(Btw, I just got your messages. Feel better soon. I will send you the scene once I am home.)

Comment

I tried it with a vraycolor, myself, which ofc went to the values i wanted.
          But we should get the texRange fixed, as its scope is precisely the one you describe.
          Lele
          Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
          ----------------------
          emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
          The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
          X