Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best shader for fast visibility in the Viewport?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best shader for fast visibility in the Viewport?

Hello,

I'm working often with Layouts, which I need to display in the Viewport on a plane as background.
    Currently a movie sequence of 300 frames, which I've loaded as PNG (each FullHD size only = 2MB)

But the viewport often doesn't refresh. Especially when other heavy stuff like Particles is in the scene.

I can't say if that has to do with VrayMtl and if there are better materials for a fast visualization (not rendering! just in the viewport) or if there are other settings I could use.

Also, just as a sidenote, sometimes self-illumination works in the Max Viewport with "Standard" Viewport setting, sometimes not.
    I could not find a rule, why it's in working in some scenes and others not.
    It may seem like a minor issue, but it's very crucial for my work, to see what I'm doing.

Thanks for advice!

Hi are you trying to record your viewport or just going through the frames manually during your work? Maybe you could record a short video with the issue?
    If you are not rendering or using IPR the slowdown/glitches does not have much to do with materials.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I just want see the pictures while I‘m working in the viewport and scrubbing through the timeline.
      Looking fo a simple shader, that needs the least computation to display always the pictures without dropouts. Nothing special! Thanks
      Last edited by Alexx31; 14-02-2022, 01:46 AM.

Comment

You can make sure to have your viewport display settings set to the lowest possible that is workable with,
        so turn off progressive quality, turn the texture settings down and use jpegs rather than pngs.
        Usually that is usable and you can always up the texture quality for a particular frame to check things if necessary.
        Probably obvious things but that's all I've ever done to speed things u.
        One other possible tweak is to have the bkg files on your system drive for a bit of extra load speed....might help a bit.
        Last edited by fixeighted; 14-02-2022, 02:10 AM.
        https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Thanks, I have even a raid disk of two NVME that reads and writes with 14GB per second! Fastest threadripper and two 3090x GPU and so on... So I don't understand, why I still get loading dropouts with 2MB pictures, that only use a diffuse of a VrayMtl.
          I will try the viewport settings and JPGs!

Comment

So it all runs smoothly with all the particles etc. but without the image sequence?
            And does it run smoothly with only the sequence in the scene?
            Seems your system is significantly faster/more capable than mine and for me I have no issues, so it's odd.

Comment

If you do this kind of things alot you might want yo try this :
              https://boomerlabs.com/ifl-turbo
              -------------------------------------------------------------
              Simply, I love to put pixels together! Sounds easy right : ))
              Sketchbook-1 /Sketchbook-2 / Behance / Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by fixeighted View Post
                So it all runs smoothly with all the particles etc. but without the image sequence?
                And does it run smoothly with only the sequence in the scene?
                Seems your system is significantly faster/more capable than mine and for me I have no issues, so it's odd.
                No, the particles did not run smoothly, but I was expecting that at least the background picture is able to load fast, due to it's minimal size...

Comment

Don't think it works like that tbh...if the particles won't play smoothly then anything else will not either.
                  So ultimately the speed of playback will be governed by the most resource-hungry process.
                  May culling viewport particles will help but other than that I can't think there's a solution.

Comment

Working...
                  X