Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Core + Vray... any problems?

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if there are any dual core users out there who have had problems rendering in Vray.

We are deciding on either Pentium D 830's, or Athlon 64 4400+ (the dual core versions) machines to start off a decent renderfarm following advice given in other parts of this forum. The 830 is looking like a good balance between speed and price at the moment for us.

So if anyone is running these chips at the moment, could you please confirm that they work perfectly. It seems like a lot of people are making similar decisions at the moment....I guess its because these chips seem to dominate the old P4 Xeons?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

PS if anyone has found benchmarks comparing these two chips with the old Xeons in VRAY that would be very helpfull to see (not the scanline one)

Paul,
    check out this thread
    http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...ic.php?t=12134
    there are a couple of dual cores in this benchmark
    Chris Jackson
    Shiftmedia
    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Im running an AMD 4400x2 dual core and no problems so far...

-dave
      Cheers,
      -dave
      ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Thats good to hear dave,
        what was the price of your processor??
        Chris Jackson
        Shiftmedia
        www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Re: Dual Core + Vray... any problems?

Originally posted by paulison
          Hi Guys,

Just wondering if there are any dual core users out there who have had problems rendering in Vray.

We are deciding on either Pentium D 830's, or Athlon 64 4400+ (the dual core versions) machines to start off a decent renderfarm following advice given in other parts of this forum. The 830 is looking like a good balance between speed and price at the moment for us.

So if anyone is running these chips at the moment, could you please confirm that they work perfectly. It seems like a lot of people are making similar decisions at the moment....I guess its because these chips seem to dominate the old P4 Xeons?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

PS if anyone has found benchmarks comparing these two chips with the old Xeons in VRAY that would be very helpfull to see (not the scanline one)
          Id go with the dual core amds personally. Are you going dual with the pentiums?

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

jacksc02:
            They go for around $900-$950 in Aus. But good luck finding one, so hard to find. I just caught a lucky break with one company and they are getting me one straight from the distributer, but im paying $50 more than the previous place that was going to take 1-2 weeks.

Comment

My 4400x2 was around $700cdn

-dave
              Cheers,
              -dave
              ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Working...
              X