Environment Fog & Lightmix alpha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Environment Fog & Lightmix alpha

I posted this recently but didn't realise the problem was the enviroment fog so reposting with an updated title for anyone who may run into this.

I get this alpha issue when using lightmix and enronment fog. when I increase the intensity of the passes in After effects and Vray, they both make the alpha channel visible.

Attached an example.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Thanks for the report. This is another method of reproducing an already known issue (internal bug-tracker id: VMAX-11906) which concerns opacity mapped objects, VRayEnvironmentFog, and VRayLightSelects when rendering within 3ds Max. The issue does not occur when rendering via Standalone, so it can be used as a workaround (simply use the .vrscene exporter and select "Export and Render").
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I don't think i have ever used standalone, is this something that can be rendered on a cloudfarm with plugins etc? why does not appear in standalone?

Comment

Standalone is behind rendering with GPU, on the cloud, and in a swathe of custom applications users build around it, yes.
        It's distributed with your installation, it's called VRay.exe, in the bins folder (f.e.: "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\VR ay3d sMax2022\bin\vray.exe".)
        You can render with it by using the "export to vrscene" RMC menu, or by manually building its command line (it still needs a vrscene to render.).

Consider standalone to be the bedrock for V-Ray's code.
        In general, things happen in standalone first (there is no UI to write, no third-party API to contend with.), and get ported to the various DCC plugins at a later time.
        This is also why there may be issues appearing in the plugins, but not in standalone.
        Lele
        Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
        ----------------------
        emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Interesting, thanks for that info! I am using the CPU for rendering not the GPU btw. Does this change things?

Comment

Nope, rendering gpu or cpu on vray.exe is simply a flag.
            Lele
            Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
            ----------------------
            emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
            The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
            X