Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ply2vrmesh question

Hello,

Can someone tell me what is the command line to write multiple PLY file to output into one VRMESH please?
    I have been looking for several days and I really need your help
    I used the -append option but I don't know how to specify multiple input files
    I have this error :
    error: [VUtils : : subdivideMeshToFile] -1 : incrementalSave_begin() failed
    Thanks a lot
    Regards

Mike

You should use wildcards. Just tested this with two .obj files (.ply should work similarly), named test01 and test02. This is the code I used:
    Code:
    C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\VRay3dsMax2022\bin\ply2vrmesh.exe "<path_to_files>\test??.obj" "<output_path>\test.vrmesh" -mergeFiles
    The "??" wildcard looks for a sequence number (it can hold more digits if there's need).
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks a lot Aleksandar!
      The command line works well but I see nothing when I load the Vrmesh

The PLY file comes from recording a video with the Record3D app for Iphone Pro. This App captures with to the Lidar scanner a point cloud in a different formats (Alembic, Ply, etc.)

I managed to import the Alembic format with the Vrmesh import but I wanted to have the textures in the PLY format thats why I convert the PLY in Vrmesh but I see nothing
      Do you have an idea?

Thanks again
      Regards
      Michael Attia

Comment

Does it render though? Try switching to another VRayProxy Preview type setting. Could you attach the .ply files (or a link to them) so we can take a look?

Comment

Hi Aleksandar,

Thanks for taking time for my problem

I tried different preview but I don't see anything in the viewport. However for the rendering I also tested different modes (sphere, point) but I always have the same result with a very long rendering time and large sphere I can't reduce (see image in attachment)
          I send you the file by email

Thanks again for your help
          Regards
          Michael Attia
          Attached Files
          Last edited by mik; 14-03-2022, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the provided file. There's no issue with the preview on my end (though when merging the.ply files only the bounding boxes are working). You can always use a preview override as an alternative (VRayProxy>Proxy Files>Preview Override). To control the particle width, you would need to set it prior to converting with this command:
            Code:
             -particleWidthMultiplier <multiplier>
            See all commands here.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your help Aleksandar

Comment

Working...
              X