Moving Vray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Vray?

How does the licensing work in vary? I have an architectural job i need to do, however my machine can not handel it. So my only option is to do the work on a friends computer. Can i install it on his computer for about a month, and then when the job is done un-load it from his computer and then re-load it back on my desktop is that possiable. Would you have to send a request code each time? Any help would be helpful.

vray uses a floating license scheme. so as long as they are in the same network you can use the license via network without any problems.

Greetings,
    Thorsten

Comment

as he said. he needs to go over to his friends house.

---------------------------------------------------
      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

well that´s not a problem per se, i can work at home too. By creating a vpn he could get his lic via internet, couldnt he ? I´m not sure/experienced if using a vpn on XP is a stable/reliable way tho.

Thorsten

Comment

its possible to reach the license with a VPN tunnel, but there might be some firewall trouble wich often can be solved be disable/uninstall it.

i use this to connect to work ( license ) from my home computer. Dont try to network render / DR unless you got 10+mbit each way

Comment

the problem with VPN is that i just dont get it.
            i'm a nerd but i dont understand how to setup it with windows 2003. whenever i connect from outside, the LAN connection breaks and/or nothing happens.
            Marc Lorenz
            ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
            www.marclorenz.com
            www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

Working...
            X