Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I achieve this sort of lighting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I achieve this sort of lighting?

Hi,

I'm wondering how I achieve this sort of lighting. You can see it's not super realistic, but it's bright and everything is clearly visible. I didn't know if there was anything other than just a bunch of lights about.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture-min.PNG
Views:	280
Size:	475.8 KB
ID:	1143249

Sorry to say, V-Ray does not come with lighting setup presets. It's done similarly to all other scenes - just a bunch of lights.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

yeh Id say its a medium contrast clear sky hdri...with a bunch of softbox area light shapes for the interor lighting. Work on one thing at a time....find an hdri (from hdr haven) that matches the time of day and lighting conditions of the plate, and point the sun away from the window. Crank up the shot exposure, either in cam or with the dome light, until the lighting contribution matches that of the lighting coming through the window, and feels natural for how a sky would fill a room. Then turn that off, and add some internal area lights so they create the same highlght and shadow direction as you have in the shot. Might take some trial and error till you have a setup that matches. Then turn both light rigs on, and blend them till they balance out and work together. You can see in the chrome ball on the the table how some of the lights might look. You should be able to get most of the furniture already premade, either on chaos cosmos, or for cheap from some online model shops. Even if you dont need to recreate the scene, itd help to get your lighting right to use similar geo.
      Website
      https://mangobeard.com/
      Behance
      https://www.behance.net/seandunderdale

Comment

Yeah what Sean said but I must say that the scene you referenced is awful in my opinion. I don't think it's super realistic nor do I like it for archviz purposes. I don't feel at all from where the main light comes from, and that's the most important thing for me. I'd start there on my scene.
        www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

Working...
        X