Need Distributed Rendering Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Distributed Rendering Help

I’m trying to set up distributed rendering and can’t get it to work. I have backburner working just fine. Here is my system and what I’ve tried so far.

Client: Win Xp Pro, Viz 2005, Vray 1.47.03, Dual Xeon 3.2, 2GB Ram
    Servers (10): Win 2000 Server, Viz 2005, Vray 1.47.03, Dual Opteron, 2GB Ram

I installed the same version of Viz and Vray on all computers.

I created a file called vrayspawner.ini (the online manual called it vrayspawer.ini, which I think is a misspelling, but I tried it with both file names present). In the .ini file I added the following text:
    [Directories]
    AppName=<C:\Program Files\Autodesk VIZ 2005\3dsviz.exe>

I double click on vrayspawner60.exe but nothing happens.

I copied a backburner .xml file into the Viz root directory and called it vraydummy60.xml and tried to execute vrayspawner60.exe again but nothing happens.

I opened vraydummy60.max in Viz and saved it out again. Still nothing works.

I’ve tried selecting Distributed Rendering in the system rollout. I can add the servers and resolve the address. When I render, only the Client’s buckets (0.0.0.0) render.

What am I doing wrong? Any help would be great.

Craig

Hi,

Did you try the procedure I outlined in this post?

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...pic.php?t=9201
    Chris
    The Revitlution

Comment

czoog,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I followed your post, but it didn't work for me. I am wondering about the part where you wrote "restart vraydummy60.exe" did you mean restart vrayspawner60.exe?

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 3ddesign
        czoog,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I followed your post, but it didn't work for me. I am wondering about the part where you wrote "restart vraydummy60.exe" did you mean restart vrayspawner60.exe?

Craig
        yeah, i ment spawner, sorry.
        Chris
        The Revitlution

Comment

czoog,

What vray version are you using? 1.47.0360, 1.47.0350?

I read a post by Vlado (I think) that the new version of Vray doesn't need to have spawner started. Did you have to start up spawner? Did you have to create a vraydummy60.xml file as outlined in the manual? Any other thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks again.

Craig

Comment

Working...
          X