Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• memory usage differencies when rendering on lan and backburner

Hi all,

I'm currently rendering a work project on my in-house lan, and the problem is that 3ds max uses and reports that on the main workstation (the one from the job is launched and the backburner manager sits) the maximum ram memory usage in the 3ds max rendering progress panel is constantly around 21 GB, but on the rendernodes the ram usage goes up to 34-36 GB. This is a problem for me since I have an 8 pcs lan, but only two of them have more than 32 GB (64 GB actually), and the other are equipped with 32 and 24 GB of ram (old pcs I have set-up as rendernodes with backburner).
    Any clue why is this happening?
    The scene is (obviously the same), I converted the more heavy scene objects to vray proxies with little to no result, I use 3ds max 2022.3 and the latest Vray 52023 on all machines.
    This is a big slow down issue for me at the moment, because I can use only two of the machines across my 8 pcs lan.
    Sorry for my poor english.
    Thank you to all who will provide any help.

Hi have you tried to open the scene and render directly on one of the machines that you are running out of RAM, without any network rendering going on?
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Melo, if you're more comfortable with our native language, feel free to hit me via email, and we can take it from there.
      Lele
      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
      ----------------------
      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir_krastev View Post
        Hi have you tried to open the scene and render directly on one of the machines that you are running out of RAM, without any network rendering going on?
        Hi Vladimir,
        I didn't try to open the scene and render directly on one of the machines that are running out of ram because I have a licensed 3ds max only on the main workstation (that is 64 GB), all the other machines have 3ds max installed only for rendering purposes (not activated).

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
          Melo, if you're more comfortable with our native language, feel free to hit me via email, and we can take it from there.
          Grazie Emanuele, ti scrivo alla tua mail allora. Grazie ancora.

Comment

Working...
          X