Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray 6 Render Stop automatically

Hello again Chaos team,

I've tried V-Ray 6 recently, some features is really amazing, I appreciate your hard work, but I still met some bugs.
    Render will Stop automatically after finished 2-5 frames while I was rendering multiple frames without any error or warning show in log. It always stop after finished random frame, sometimes after 2 frames, and it keep rendering 8 frames once, and then it stop. I guess it might because of the Scatter which I made some value animation like density and random rotation, when the Scatter shows in my scene and this bug will happen, but I can not 100% sure.

By the way, the value animation of Scatter also can't show in Max's preview. Like I want my seed increase gradually then I animated density value, but in Max preview Scatter looks like freeze.

I recorded my screen and upload my scene, maybe it can help you figure out what is happening.

Screen Recording:
    V-Ray 6 Render stop at about 0:45 - YouTube
    Files:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_to...ew?usp=sharing

Thanks.

Oh I just found the V-Ray 6 Beta section of forum but I don't know how to change my post or delete it, is it OK to post in here?

Comment

Hello,

Do you use any third party plugins - maybe tyFlow ? They are not updated for V-Ray 6 and are expected not to work properly.

Best regards,
      Yavor
      Yavor Rubenov
      V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Hi Yavor,

I do use tyflow, I will check it for more.

Thanks for reply

Comment

Actually, I've test it again.

If I hide Scatter, render process will continue without problem, as you can see in the screenshot, it keep rendered for about 3 hours and finished 20 frames.
          Once I unhide Scatter, the render will stop automatically after just 1 frame, I also recorded hole process.
          (1) Render stop at about 11:45 - YouTube

Please, there were no any error or warning in log tab so I still can't find out what causes this BUG.

Thanks.

Comment

But did you remove all tyFlow objects ?
            Yavor Rubenov

Comment

I uninstalled tyFlow just now and there are only V-Ray and Phoenix for V-Ray6 but I didn't use phx, it keep happening.

Comment

Hi yi_xiang,

We managed to reproduce the issue and it is, as you suspected, related to Scatter. Seems quite random - it sometimes renders the whole sequence, and sometimes stops after a random rendered frame.
                Logged as VMAX-12246 so our devs could have a look. We'll let you know once we have more info - and thanks for the pointer!
                Last edited by nikoleta.garkova; 09-06-2022, 02:46 AM.
                Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Hi Nikoleta,

I'm so glad to hear I can make some help, I'll waiting for the next update. Thanks for your reply.

Comment

Hi yi_xiang,

Can you please check the latest beta build and let us know if you're encountering the issues you described above?
                    You can download it from here - https://nightlies.chaos.com/main#/vr.../beta/20220610
                    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Hi Nikoleta,

I've tried the newest version and I think the problem is solved, nice job!

Comment

I have exactly same issue right now in max 2024 with forest pack and tyflow (everything latest version). Do you know about any fixes or if its even known issue?

Comment

By turning off things and rerender the culprit turned out to be "VrayProxy" once I turn them off it renders fine. I have quixel's high poly meshes as proxys there. Vray latest nightly build also installed to check if the bug persists, and it is in nightly as well

Comment

It would be best if you could send the problem scene to our support.
                            Yavor Rubenov

Comment

Originally posted by yavor.rubenov View Post
                              It would be best if you could send the problem scene to our support.
                              Im not sure that I can, its also more than 5gb only for max file

Update: in 2023 it renders without any problems
                              Last edited by william_junge; 02-05-2023, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X