Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting default V-Ray framebuffer display correction settings

Hello,

Is there a way of setting the default display correction settings for the V-Ray framebuffer? Specifically we would like to set the display correction settings to OCIO and settings for ACES and have them survive the closing and re-opening of Max and not require the end user to load a VFB preset each time after opening Max.

For example, we are able pre-popoulate our distributed node list by taking the vray_dr.cfg from one machine and using a script to install it to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Autodesk\3dsMax\%AUTODESK_VERSION% - 64bit\ENU\en-US\plugcfg on all the other workstations so that the end users don't need to add all the nodes or load a list manually to get the list of available distributed nodes.

Is there a similar method by which we can set default display correction settings for the framebuffer?

Ideally we want to set up the framebuffer for ACES, so have it automatically set to OCIO instead of sRGB, with the correct View Transform e.t.c., but I haven't been able to figure out a way to do this so that the default settings are already correct when opening a new Max file and then opening up the VFB. It always seems to return to defaults for the display correction which is to go back to sRGB.

The closest I've been able to come is to set the location of the presets folder in the vrayvfbuser.ini file, and link to a directory with presets that set the correct OCIO display corrections. The user can then easily select one of the VFB presets I've created with the correct display correction settings - i.e. set to OCIO with the appropriate settings. However this is still one step away from what we'd ideally like, which is that when Max and the VFB is first opened that the display correction settings are already set correctly.

The settings that are in the vrayvfbuser.ini file all seem to relate to the just settings in the VFB Settings menu, not the wider frame buffer, so I can't seem to find where to set the defaults for display corrections.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Tristan.
    Last edited by electricart; 15-06-2022, 11:22 PM.

You can set OCIO defaults with environment variables.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by hermit.crab View Post
      You can set OCIO defaults with environment variables.
      Perfect! Thank you hermit.crab !

Comment

Working...
      X