Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enviroment fog as xref

hi,
    its possible to xref vray enviroment fog like standard max volume fog? if you have standard volume fog attached to gizmo it will appear in master scene as xref, but this is not working with vray fog

Not at this point, I'm afraid. What's the reason for doing so? Perhaps rendering the fog separately and adding it in comp might be a good idea?
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

We often setup the fog in set lookdev which is then referenced into shots. Now we have to recreate that fog with scripting which is tidious. Xrefing will be helpful.

Comment

Just so you know, I've logged an improvement request about the matter (internal bug-tracker id: VMAX-12296).

Comment

Thanks a lot. Maybe you know about some other solution for this, maybe workaroud?

Comment

Originally posted by frodopytlicek View Post
            Thanks a lot. Maybe you know about some other solution for this, maybe workaroud?
            Not through xRefs, I'm afraid. That's why I mentioned rendering the fog separately and comping it in post.

Comment

Yes but you need to get the fog from somewhere. If you have 100 shots in one set you need to recreate the fog somehow in each shot. For now we do it by scriptng. Maybe we are doing it wrong or there is a better way I dont know, take it as brainstorming

Comment

Working...
              X