setup vray distributed network on pc not joined to network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setup vray distributed network on pc not joined to network

hello, quick question. i have 2 pc's with GPUs. Right now, both PCs are joined to the same domain and I'm able to use dist rendering for GPU rendering.

is there a way to connect the 2nd PC to the 1st PC peer-to-peer and not join it to the domain and use dist rendering?

thanks,

Hello,

Both machines must be part of the same local network. The local network could be created via ethernet cables or WiFi - we recommend Ethernet connection. Here is a basic article that explains how to create a local area network:

https://www.wikihow.com/Create-a-Loc...a-Network-(LAN)
    Nikolay Simeonov

Technical Support Representative
    support@chaosgroup.com

Chaos Group

Comment

thanks. yeah i wondered if i could bring in a switch and or router, setup the on-board NIC to be local and use the additional NIC to go to the domain we joined. i'm looking into it. shame that they don't want the other PC on the network. i mean, there's no other purpose for it than to serve as a render machine ugh.

Comment

You could try a crossover (switchover) patch cable. The points are reversed on the other side of the cable
        You use it to connect via NIC without the need for a switch/router/hub.

The 1st pc would need 2 NICs. One for the the regular domain LAN, and another for the crossover cable. The 2nd pc only need 1 NIC. You may need to setup IPs and Subdomain manually for this new LAN so the 2 workstations can see each other.

Also, keep in mind for licensing, your 2nd pc must have a render node license. If your license server is on the domain, this may be tricky for the 2nd pc to get access to it (since its not on the domain and on a different LAN). In that case, you may need to split the various licenses and install direct on pc 2
        Last edited by Morne; 28-06-2022, 12:50 AM.
        Kind Regards,
        Morne

Comment

drat that's right, the license. i'll have to dig in to how they setup the license.

i never heard of the crossover/switchover patch cable thanks i'll check that out!
          Last edited by s_gru; 14-10-2022, 02:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X