Convert Revit Materials to V-Ray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert Revit Materials to V-Ray?

When linking a Revit file in 3ds Max, it comes in as a Autodesk Material. Using the "Material Converter" or right clicking in the scene and using the V-Ray material converter doesn't convert it. How can I convert the materials to V-Ray automatically?

Thanks

Using the autodesk scene converter (Rendering -> Scene Converter), making them physical materials.
    Then V-Ray can convert those, or you can render them natively.
    Attached Files
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
      Using the autodesk scene converter (Rendering -> Scene Converter), making them physical materials.
      It looks like this will work. Thank you very much!

Comment

Actually Im running into a strange issue. It appears to convert the materials to a "Standard Surface" even though I selected the same Convert options that you have. And Standard Surface wont convert. Also, for some strange reason, even though I've selected Vray as my renderer, my right click menu has lost the V-Ray options at the bottom. So I can't select the "Convert Scene" option. Screenshot attached.

Any suggestions?

Attached Files

Comment

The v-ray RMC options, in the beta for v6, are in the V-Ray menu at the top.
          Lele
          ----------------------

Disclaimer:
          The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

The v-ray RMC options, in the beta for v6, are in the V-Ray menu at the top.
            What about the Standard Surface solution? After recovering the V-Ray scene converter. It does not convert "Standard Surface" and the 3ds Max Converter didn't convert them to Physical Material.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriander View Post

What about the Standard Surface solution? After recovering the V-Ray scene converter. It does not convert "Standard Surface" and the 3ds Max Converter didn't convert them to Physical Material.
              As I'm in the same boat now, have you found a way to convert from Standard Surface materials to Vray materials?

Comment

EDIT: i see.
                Unfortunately, that's an Arnold-specific shader we do not currently support, nor plan to.
                You're likely to get a quicker solution asking autodesk to build a converter for it towards their old physmat.

Question: how do you come to get that shader in the scene?
                Last edited by ^Lele^; 23-03-2023, 06:11 AM.
                Lele
                ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

EDIT: i see.
                  Unfortunately, that's an Arnold-specific shader we do not currently support, nor plan to.
                  You're likely to get a quicker solution asking autodesk to build a converter for it towards their old physmat.

Question: how do you come to get that shader in the scene?
                  A supplier sent me an FBX with a MultiSubObject with 3 Standard Surface materials applied.
                  A workaround seems to ask him to apply a PhysMat, or Standard (the oldest standard shader) and use the converter.
                  This seems working.

Comment

The Standard Surface shader is indeed an odd one.
                    Even AD has Arnold default to the old Physical material, and to this day (3+ years on) still don't provide a way to convert between the two.
                    This is part of what makes us guarded about spending resources for it.
                    Lele
                    ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Working...
                    X