vray 6 perpetual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray 6 perpetual

I got an email from software provider that possibility to upgrade to vray 5 or buy perpetual vray 5 licence will not be possible after this month. Does is mean that vray6 will be only subscription or for those who have perpetual can still upgrade and avoid subscription?
    Best Regards

Tomek

Portfolio: http://dtown.pl/

I'm interested too on this.
    I'm not sure I'll update my Vray5 perpetual immediately but I'd like to do with the same license option.

Comment

You will be able to upgrade your perpetual V-Ray 5 license to a perpetual V-Ray 6 license.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

and new licenses, will there still be perpetual options for those?
        Kind Regards,
        Morne

Comment

take 50% of vray 5 upgrade price and put it on top you have the vray 6 price....

are there any plans for a indy license?
          or indy subsription?

i`m just a one man Army....

also about subscription : those render nodes are bought seperatly?

Comment

Originally posted by Morne View Post
            and new licenses, will there still be perpetual options for those?
            Hey Morne, as Vlado mentioned, you can upgrade your existing perpetual licenses, but new licenses are available as a subscription.
            And now all V-Ray subscriptions support all host applications.
            "Everything has fresnel!"

Comment

Originally posted by lgrohs View Post

Hey Morne, as Vlado mentioned, you can upgrade your existing perpetual licenses, but new licenses are available as a subscription.
              And now all V-Ray subscriptions support all host applications.
              Thanks Lon
              Loving all host apps now included in subscription!
              The new Solo sub is also nice, although that one doesnt come with Vantage, I think it will still be a popular option
              Kind Regards,
              Morne

Comment

Originally posted by Schellicon View Post
                take 50% of vray 5 upgrade price and put it on top you have the vray 6 price....

are there any plans for a indy license?
                or indy subsription?

i`m just a one man Army....

also about subscription : those render nodes are bought seperatly?
                Hey Schellicon, we do have a subscription plan called V-Ray Solo that's designed for single users. Extra render nodes are still available separately.
                "Everything has fresnel!"

Comment

Originally posted by Morne View Post
                  The new Solo sub is also nice, although that one doesnt come with Vantage, I think it will still be a popular option
                  Vantage is currently free though.
                  Lele
                  Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                  ----------------------
                  emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                  The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

... phoenix subscription is at 350€ ... and in V-Ray Premium it is included .... so what does solo mean in this case?
                    ...think about it!

Comment

Would you be so kind as to be overt?
                      I can't tell if it's critique or praise.
                      Lele
                      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                      ----------------------
                      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

chaosgroup is building vray for each program avaiable, which is cool... but... , so instead of having additional license for each program to unlock this feature ( also in rendernode !! ) , we are forced to pay for those who need everything i think
                        as a one man army i also pay more so that big studios get more? ( i only need the 3dsmax version )
                        i think the pricing structure is made like the "eat and forget , i don`t care!"
                        and the vray price is not the biggest problem, but the rendernode is...
                        i need speed when someone is rushing me , after that my renderfarm goes to sleep for some days/weeks ... compared to big studios, they are running fulltime? makes me sad, that it is not wanted that i use more rendernodes, but this is one of those main reason why i use vray...

anyway this post will not change annything, but i enraged yesterday as i saw the price and you asked if it`s critique or praise..

Comment

Working...
                        X