Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayDisplacement causing a vertical edge on terrain

Hello guys,
    I have noticed a problem (maybe) with VrayDisplacement. See below two images - the first using regular Max Displace and the second is using VrayDisplacement. Notice in the top left corner, the terrain is generating a vertical edge. Both versions are using an 8k EXR image for the displacement. Any ideas what is going on?
    Using Vray6.
    Many thanks.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by paul_marshall; 02-08-2022, 10:37 AM.

Keep Continuity?

Comment

Hi I am not sure where is the issue, could you mark it on the image? What I do see is the displacement is not the same trough the two images - on the right one it seems boosted a bit higher?
      Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Vladimir,
        Here is the area I am referring to.
        Many thanks.
        Attached Files

Comment

It's likely to be some stray brighter pixels at the edge, which Vray is picking up but won't be the same with Max's displacement.
          So you can just paint them out and that should fix it.
          https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Hey fix, that was the first thing I tried but it didn't solve the problem, but I will give it another try.

Comment

Quick workaround that worth trying is to set U/V Tiling to 0.99 instead of 1.0
              I recall having this issue years back when I was trying to work with Gaea set of textures.
              ​​​
              -------------------------------------------------------------
              Simply, I love to put pixels together! Sounds easy right : ))
              Sketchbook-1 /Sketchbook-2 / Behance / Facebook

Comment

Hi you could also send us the scene here or trough our support contact form and we may be able to help.
                Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
                Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

It's likely the edge pixels "wrapping around" from the other side of your texturemap. Another quick workaround is to turn ON mirroring in the UV map settings. Then set the UV offset and UV scale to 0.5 for all four (Uoffset, Voffset, Uscale, VScale). This basically turns on mirroring without changing the positioning, since mirroring by default makes everything smaller for some ignorant reason.

Comment

Working...
                  X