vray 6.0 sun sky and clouds!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray 6.0 sun sky and clouds!

you can't believe how awesome it is to have clouds! thanks!

couple questions though, one really, can you independently adjust the light contribution/brightness of the sky and sun. i found i could put a vray sky map in, but it kind of messes up the clouds making them look too dark or too light for the blue sky behind it.

my thoughts are, the intensity of the sun light would be nice starting point to be able to dim it without dimming the clouds or sky. or, brighten the sky and clouds independantly.

anyway, it's awesome to at least have it.

i found i could put a vray sky map in, but it kind of messes up the clouds
    Hi how exactly are you doing this? When you bring up the sun's intensity multiplier the cloud also get brighter. Isn't this what you want?
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

i'm instancing the vraysky to the slate material editor. through a combination of specifying the sun on/off, stopping ipr and restarting it, (especially after moving the sun - to get the clouds back) and playing with the intensities. basically it comes down to looking like the clouds are specifically lit by the sun and a little bit by the ambient sky.

in this screen shot you can see what i did to try to emulate a "night" sky. the sun is just below the ground level as you can see in the viewport.

so what ultimately would be cool would be to adjust the intensity of the sun without affecting the brightness of the sky, or the clouds. if that's even possible. i'm kind of doing it here whether it's realistic, probably not.
      Attached Files

Comment

Could you give us some reference images of what you want to achieve?
        Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

sorry for delay. well, i think basically what might be cool to have is the ability to change the intensity of the sky separately from the intensity of the sun. so sky parameters would have that option. so lets say the shadows are a little "lighter" or not as deep. on the two attached images, one is "normal" default setup, the 2nd image is where i changed the sun parameters > intensity multiplier to be 2.0. so i would like the brightness of the blue sky to be 2.0 but the sun intensity to be 1.0. in these two images, sun light from normal, sky from the 2nd image.

i tried that by playing around with the vraysky map - deleting it from environment, adding a new one, chnage the sun light/specifing the sun node but running into various things where clouds would disappear depending on what i did so it's not consistent and obviously not setup that way.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by s_gru View Post
            sorry for delay. well, i think basically what might be cool to have is the ability to change the intensity of the sky separately from the intensity of the sun. so sky parameters would have that option. so lets say the shadows are a little "lighter" or not as deep. on the two attached images, one is "normal" default setup, the 2nd image is where i changed the sun parameters > intensity multiplier to be 2.0. so i would like the brightness of the blue sky to be 2.0 but the sun intensity to be 1.0. in these two images, sun light from normal, sky from the 2nd image.

i tried that by playing around with the vraysky map - deleting it from environment, adding a new one, chnage the sun light/specifing the sun node but running into various things where clouds would disappear depending on what i did so it's not consistent and obviously not setup that way.
            Yeah that doesn't work: https://forums.chaos.com/forum/v-ray...ds-not-showing
            A.

---------------------
            www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

i do have to say though, it seems like it is very realistic in how the whole system is handled. based on my recent observation of clouds/sky/sun interactions during different times of the day. all we really need is con-trails hahahaha no just kidding. no contrails!

Comment

Working...
              X