Conversion script to use in pixamoons 'library track/relink' script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conversion script to use in pixamoons 'library track/relink' script

I was wondering, especially with the changes to vraymats in version 6, if there was a vray script that can be used in Pixamoons 'library track/relink' script that will convert to vraymtl, change bitmaps to vraybitmap etc, so that multiple max scenes can be converted in one go? I know you can do it in open scenes, but its the multiple file aspect im interested in.
    e: info@adriandenne.com
    w: www.adriandenne.com

Not sure about Pixamoon's stuff, but it can surely be done.
    There is a caveat, though, in that old version scenes will get versioned up (depending on the max version, they can be saved as up to 3 version previous.), so that's why we only offer to do so on open scenes.
    So, if you're not opposed to have the new max file renamed instead of used to overwrite the old, i can surely look into it.
    What exactly would you want it to do?
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Thanks for reply, yeah im totally fine with the new max file being renamed but ideally not overwritten, but duplicated.

Basically I'm just looking for converting all materials in multiple selected scenes, to vray materials, and any bitmaps to vraybitmaps. Then resave out as a duplicate file but the filenmame suffix being "_vray" (or something) and maybe be able to specify the save location.

I'm not concerned about lights/cameras etc..just materials. If there was an option select the multiple files to convert, specify the name, or just suffix with "_vray" and be able to that would be awesome.

In an ideal world having a script that I could run through pixamoon so I could take advantage of its options, like trawling through subfolders for max scenes. The script itself auto picks up the 'coronaConverter.ms' script for conversions (see image), but there isnt a vray equivalent or im not aware of it. However it does allow you to specify scripts to run within its own process, which would be the best scenario, but whatever works

Click image for larger version  Name:	pixamoon.jpg Views:	0 Size:	361.6 KB ID:	1157134

Anyway, any help is much appreciated.

Cheers
      Last edited by francomanko; 14-08-2022, 02:49 AM.
      e: info@adriandenne.com
      w: www.adriandenne.com

Comment

Working...
      X