Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VRIMG to EXR convert is missing! I need to convert a sequence but the converter is not in the Max Vray install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRIMG to EXR convert is missing! I need to convert a sequence but the converter is not in the Max Vray install.

Not only that, but the "batch process" option in the VFB doesn't let me stipulate to output to EXR.

So I can't load an VRIMG sequence into After Effects - is it because of the default dot delimited frame number? it should open VRIMG sequences right - I have the latest Open EXR plugin

I cannot load, or convert or rename the sequence.

What can I do?

Urgent help needed!

Note:

Why are the defaults set to dot delimited? Is there some profesional tool that can't handle normal sequenes?

If not, there are plenty of tools that don't like dot delimted.

Why is the default VRIMG?

edit: I've had to download the standalone version to get the converter.

Please for the love of god include it in the standard vray install. There's no reason not to.
    Last edited by JD3D_CGI; 23-08-2022, 01:31 PM.
    http://www.jd3d.co.uk - Vray Mentor

Mine is in

"C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\VR ay3d sMax20XX\bin\vrimg2exr.exe"

Dot-delimited is fine, the issue with AE is the file format, vrimg isn't openEXR compliant.
    Last edited by ^Lele^; 26-08-2022, 04:32 AM.
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

It's not there for me, and ProgramData is a hidden folder anyway.

Comment

I hear you.
        We have to adhere to the Autodesk standards for plugins, so that's where we have to write the files.
        If you press the start button and look for "vrim", the converter app ought to show up, unless your installation wasn't standard (i.e. manual, instead of through the installer).
        I can confirm it's installed under the "tools" subfolder of the main start menu v-ray folder, for v6 as well.
        Lele
        ----------------------

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

That's what I did, and it didn't work.

The Vray image converter isn't plug-in, it;'s a standalone app - there's no reason I can see why it has to go inn app data.

None of those options worked for me - I was searching my entire hard drive - it simple was not on my system.

Comment

Eh, but it sits into the bin folder of our install, along with the rest of the executables and dlls.
            Originally posted by JD3D_CGI View Post
            it simple was not on my system.
            But how?
            Our installer installs it just fine, how's it gone from every possible reference on your PC?
            Even an anti-virus that took objection to the exe wouldn't delete the start menu shortcuts.

I don't mean to be testy, mind you, i'm trying to figure this out and i can't come up with a theory.
            Lele
            ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

I don't know, when I searched, the only references I found were on the Start menu itself.

Maybe a problem from installing the Beta?

Comment

Working...
              X